The Mean Machines
- Mandate reflects wisdom of Bihar, it's the defeat of intolerance: Nitish Kumar
- Man who helped build brand Modi, propped Nitish Kumar's campaign in Bihar
- Global media finds BJP's debacle in Bihar a setback for Modi
- Nitish to be Bihar CM, Lalu to launch nation-wide stir against Modi
- PM Narendra Modi congratulates Nitish Kumar, who says 'thank you'
India Bike Week
If the smell of burning rubber sets your pulse racing and the vroom of cruisers make you hold your breath, then the India Bike Week (IBW) is just the place to park. Inspired by the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in the United States, which brings together almost five lakh motorcycle enthusiasts every year, this is a two-day festival for motorcycle riders from across India, who will converge at the Vagator beach in Goa today. Visitors can drool over vintage bikes and walk into the "biker's flea market" comprising ready-to-sell motorbikes and spare parts that are not easily available. Those dissatisfied with their bikes can go to the Pimp My Bike Zone where one can get a fresh makeover for their bikes.
"Such festivals don't happen in India. Our aim is to get the brotherhood of bikers together in one place where they can meet each other, share stories and know what is happening in the biking world," says Martin da Costa, one of the organisers. For those biker enthusiasts who will not be able to fly down to the bikers's festival, we bring to you a series of biker clubs, places and stores in the Capital to look out for.
The Delhi Bikers Breakfast Run started by Joshua John is for all those who are short on time yet raring to go. The bikers of the group explore various breakfast destinations within 100 kilometres of the city and assemble together for a cup of chai every month.
Another club, who call themselves The Royal Beasts is open only to owners of the Bullet. Apart from the city and weekend rides, they travel to Ladakh and also offer the "quit your job and be on the roads for months" ride.
Meanwhile, the India Bull Riders, which is a vintage classic motorcycle riders club, who meet every week, also bike their way to Rajasthan, Spiti and Ladakh.
- Bihar has been transformed from the graveyard of revolutions to a source of new hope
- Why is Singapore pushing liberal arts?
- Bihar polls may serve Modi a reminder of why he was voted to power
- Modi, Shah hype, lack of CM candidate, may have scuppered BJP's chances
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity