The Mean Machines
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stops in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
India Bike Week
If the smell of burning rubber sets your pulse racing and the vroom of cruisers make you hold your breath, then the India Bike Week (IBW) is just the place to park. Inspired by the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in the United States, which brings together almost five lakh motorcycle enthusiasts every year, this is a two-day festival for motorcycle riders from across India, who will converge at the Vagator beach in Goa today. Visitors can drool over vintage bikes and walk into the "biker's flea market" comprising ready-to-sell motorbikes and spare parts that are not easily available. Those dissatisfied with their bikes can go to the Pimp My Bike Zone where one can get a fresh makeover for their bikes.
"Such festivals don't happen in India. Our aim is to get the brotherhood of bikers together in one place where they can meet each other, share stories and know what is happening in the biking world," says Martin da Costa, one of the organisers. For those biker enthusiasts who will not be able to fly down to the bikers's festival, we bring to you a series of biker clubs, places and stores in the Capital to look out for.
The Delhi Bikers Breakfast Run started by Joshua John is for all those who are short on time yet raring to go. The bikers of the group explore various breakfast destinations within 100 kilometres of the city and assemble together for a cup of chai every month.
Another club, who call themselves The Royal Beasts is open only to owners of the Bullet. Apart from the city and weekend rides, they travel to Ladakh and also offer the "quit your job and be on the roads for months" ride.
Meanwhile, the India Bull Riders, which is a vintage classic motorcycle riders club, who meet every week, also bike their way to Rajasthan, Spiti and Ladakh.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18