The Right click
- Polls open in Britain's historic European Union referendum
- Day after NDMC legal advisor was killed, LG Najeeb Jung sought action on complaint against him
- Swamy tweets again: Suspends demand for CEA's sacking, but with conditions
- NSG Plenary Session Begins today: France backs India, all eyes on PM Modi-Xi meet
- Indians flood (wrong) Baghdadi with queries on Islamic State
The Empress Garden is organising a drawing and flower arrangement competition for children in the age-group of five to 15 years today, between 10 am and 12 pm. The entry is free of charge.
Photo Vision 2013, the photo exhibition organised by the Shutterbugs Photography Club, is on at the Balgandharva Art Gallery. The three-day exhibition ends today. A total of 530 photographs on nature, birds, landscape, portraits and off-beat subjects are on display.
They have been shot by 45 amateur photographers. The main objective of the exhibition, according to the organisers, is to promote amateur photographers and increase awareness about saving wildlife and nature.
- Dominant castes resent reservations, backward groups haven’t fully benefited
- Gajendra Chauhan and Pahlaj Nihalani seem to be acting out a common script
- Despite increasing attacks by Islamist militants, Sheikh Hasina’s govt fails to act
- Rajan is the first RBI governor to come out openly to explain his decisions
- Any party serious about UP’s development would try and make trifurcation a political issue
- There are lessons for India in Thailand’s experience on universal healthcare