The screeching heights
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Meanwhile, DD National exhumes an old show for prime time.
Watching Koffee with Karan (Star World) on Sunday, brought a line from a Madonna song to mind: "Like a virgin/ Touched for the very first time". Except that, in this instance, the virgin was still untouched, apparently. To the absolute amazement of host Karan Johar and of those viewers who had tuned into his talk show, actor Salman Khan claimed with a deadpan expression, in a bland voice, that he was still a virgin.
Very early into Season 4's opening episode, Khan's first on the show, Johar asked him outright: "You're a virgin?" "Yes," replied Salman Khan, without blinking or blushing. Well, well, well. Who would have thought it, nay, who would have imagined it? None of us who have watched him on screen or read about his (in)famous love life. Johar's incredulity at the admission forced Salman to explain that he had, of course, held hands (even with men) and exchanged other forms and terms of endearment with women, but he had never-ever ever gone all the way. Well, well, well, whaddya know?
Salman went on to regale us with anecdotes of his amorous entanglements and how close he had come to marriage — very, very close — but never close enough to clinch it. And from everything he revealed, it seemed as if the women were the ones to have backed off. No wonder, "I ignore some completely" now. So well he might. Wouldn't you, if you were a 47-year-old super sex symbol still untouched?
Everything that passed between Karan and Salman thereafter, barely registered. Not that he was a "below average actor", not the presence of his father, Salim Khan, not even his account of the "war" with Shah Rukh Khan: "One night we didn't get along." No, nothing compared with that moment when the Bigg Boss ka boss said "Yes" and no to sex.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express