The Shri Ram School founder Manju Bharat Ram dies
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Manju Bharat Ram, founder and chairperson of The Shri Ram chain of schools, died on Wednesday following a two-and-half-year battle with cancer. Her family was by her side when the end came. She was 67.
In a message to students and parents, the school said: "She was a visionary who had a strong determination to translate her vision into reality. A leader who led by example and tempered all her dealings with compassion and sensitivity."
Born on December 29, 1945, Manju Bharat Ram, wife of industrialist Arun Bharat Ram, was actively involved in philanthropic activities in the field of education. She was the chairperson of SRF Vidyalaya in Manali, near Chennai. She had been instrumental in setting up this school for village children in the age group of 3 to 14 years.
Manju Bharat Ram served as the trustee and honorary general secretary of the Blind Relief Association, since 1968.
She was on the board of many organisations for women empowerment and children.