Lenovo ThinkPad Twist, iPad Air, iPhone 5s and other smartest devices of 2013
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- In UP, Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- Defence Ministry orders CBI probe into purchase of Rolls Royce engines by HAL
It was supposed to be a year in which a lot was supposed to change. A lot did change, but not always in the way it was predicted to. For instance, Windows 8 did not become the runaway success it was expected to be and so the devices that we were banking on this new operating system did not exactly fly off the shelf. In smartphones, Android consolidated its position, but even then the new Apple iPhone 5S got away to another flying start and Windows Phones started developing as a viable third option for millions of people. The phablet started establishing itself as the most popular form factor among smartphones. Size played a crucial factor in tablets too as most manufacturers started focussing on the seven and eight inch segments, with larger sizes slowly becoming a niche segment. Here is our pick of the best devices in the three most popular device categories.
Top 5 laptops
LENOVO THINKPAD TWIST
Picking the best laptop of 2013 was a tough ask as there were many devices which could claim this throne. Finally, it was the Lenovo's new ThinkPad Twist that took away the honours as it was the first ultrabook convertible that did the transitions without making it look like a gimmick. Its screen can turn 180 degrees, bend and fold back to become a tablet with fourólaptop, stand, tent and tablet modesólike the Lenovo's much acclaimed IdeaPad Yoga. It looks at all options a user might need and hence packs a track-point along with the touchscreen, as well as an unconventional touchpad with a scrolling button as well. The 13-inch device has a military grade 20 mm magnesium hybrid body weighing just 1.6 kg. Despite its slim fit, the device manages superb processing power and is one of the fastest Intel Core i5 devices around.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)