'The Smurfs 3' pushed back to August 2015
- LIVE: Lok Sabha passes Telangana Bill, Jagan calls for bandh across Andhra Pradesh
- Your ministers used to throw dust, now they're using pepper spray to fool people: Modi to Cong
- Rajiv Gandhi's killers get relief, Supreme Court commutes death penalty to life
- Seven Naxals killed in police encounter in Gadchiroli
- Interim Budget 2014: Economy headache for next government
The third installment of the 'Smurfs' movie franchise is moved from July 24 to August 14, 2015 release.
Initially planned to hit theatres on July 24, the upcoming third installment of the movie franchise centering on the Peyo blue human-like characters has been pushed back by Sony Pictures, reported Aceshowbiz.
The new movie is expected to explore the original story.
"I hear that the third movie, if there is one, might actually deal with the genuine origin of how all these characters ran into each other way back when," said Hank Azaria who plays Gargamel.
"I imagine Gargamel having attended a Harry Potter-like academy in his youth for wizards, and was sort of the black sheep - first of all, wasn't very good. Second of all, he must have thought the way to really be a powerful magician is to grab these Smurfs and grab their essence and everybody must have said, 'You're an idiot. Don't waste your life doing that.' And he's been trying his whole life to prove them wrong," he added.