The subject of my affection
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- In UP, Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- Defence Ministry orders CBI probe into purchase of Rolls Royce engines by HAL
Mathematics is one of the oldest subjects in the history of humanity. It is an interesting game of numbers. Mankind would never have advanced to the extent it is now were it not for mathematics. Mathematics is a fascinating subject for people of all ages. Without of mathematics, our lives would have been very complicated.
Mathematics is branched into three main streams — arithmetic, algebra and geometry. Arithmetic deals with numbers. Algebra deals with variables and constants. Geometry deals with shapes. These three streams are further classified and are grouped.
Mathematics is essential for fields like engineering and space sciences. Even a minute calculation error while constructing a house or designing a rocket may ruin an entire project. Mathematics is equally dangerous as it is useful. It is a subject which has to be dealt very carefully with.
Mathematics has not always been my area of interest. I was very poor at it till sixth standard . I started gaining interest in the subject from seventh standard onwards. I like mathematics because I find it simple and understandable when compared to subjects like English , Civics and Geography.
Mathematics is my favorite because it is about understanding concepts. Once you are thorough with concepts, you can solve any mathematical problem. I love mathematics because I aspire to become an engineer. It is one of the subjects in which one can get full marks.
India has produced great mathematicians like Aryabhatta, Bhaskara and Brahmagupta. Without the discovery of zero by legendary mathematician and astronomer Aryabhatta, we would never have had numbers up to infinity. I too would like to become a proud Indian and Mathematician like Aryabhatta.
n Nishant Iyer, Father Agnel, Vashi
My favorite subject in school is music. We have a music room filled with lovely pictures of great artistes and the collection of musical instruments that fascinates me. I sing well and my parents, who also sing well, have always encouraged me.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)