Samsung working on 'smart watch' to take on Apple iWatch
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
Samsung is working on a smart watch called the 'Galaxy Altius' to take on rival tech giant Apple, new leaked images have suggested.
The images, which were posted on a South Korean messageboard, purport to be screens from a forthcoming Samsung smart watch.
One image features the name Samsung Galaxy Altius, while others show a music player, clock and an email app, the Telegraph reports.
The pictures suggested that the Altius runs a modified version of the Google Android operating system.
The provenance of the images is unclear and, though some websites have identified details that suggest they are genuine, it''s entirely possible that they are mock-ups for an abandoned project or even fakes made by a fan, the paper said.
The images have emerged a week after it was reported that Apple is about to launch a smart watch.
The product, which has been referred to as the 'iWatch', is apparently being worked on by a team of 100 engineers, suggesting that it is more than an experiment.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18