The Trance Expedition
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
If you believe in the power of trance, it's time to rejoice as Dutch DJ Armin van Buuren has marked his calendar for an India gig. To be held in Mumbai on March 16, the performance is part of the "Expedition Tour" that Buuren is undertaking to celebrate 600 episodes of his iconic radio show, A State of Trance.
Touted as the world's top DJ by British magazine DjMag, the 35-year-old earlier enthralled revellers at Sunburn Goa in 2009. Known for tracks such as Shivers, Not giving up on love, Imagine and Rain, Buuren said in a statement, "I am looking forward to playing at India's biggest metropolitan city, Mumbai — home to more than 18 million people and a real melting pot of cultures and lifestyles; it shares that same unifying character as my music." The venue is yet to be announced and tickets will be available on www.bookmyshow.com from November 30.