The Trance Expedition
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
If you believe in the power of trance, it's time to rejoice as Dutch DJ Armin van Buuren has marked his calendar for an India gig. To be held in Mumbai on March 16, the performance is part of the "Expedition Tour" that Buuren is undertaking to celebrate 600 episodes of his iconic radio show, A State of Trance.
Touted as the world's top DJ by British magazine DjMag, the 35-year-old earlier enthralled revellers at Sunburn Goa in 2009. Known for tracks such as Shivers, Not giving up on love, Imagine and Rain, Buuren said in a statement, "I am looking forward to playing at India's biggest metropolitan city, Mumbai — home to more than 18 million people and a real melting pot of cultures and lifestyles; it shares that same unifying character as my music." The venue is yet to be announced and tickets will be available on www.bookmyshow.com from November 30.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness