The week that was
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Advani arrives in Gandhinagar to file nomination papers, says he is delighted
- VVIP chopper deal: Prosecution blames CBI for not sharing tender papers
- RAW instrumental in grabbing key Indian Mujahideen leaders
- Mumbai Shakti Mills gangrape: All three convicts sentenced to death for repeat offence by a sessions court
- Profile of the young Modi supporter: Male, without a job, and hopeful
Film-maker Sanjay Gupta and wife Anuradha were blessed with a baby girl on the auspicious day of Makar Sankranti, January 14. The baby was born at Breach Candy hospital and both mother and baby are fine. On the occasion, the producer-director has purchased a high-end luxury car as a thank you-gift to his wife. Earlier when their son Shivansh was born in March 2011, Gupta had gifted his wife another high-end automobile.
Veteran Bollywood actor Pran, who has been hospitalised since December last year, is recuperating and his health is much better now. The 92-year-old was admitted to Lilavati Hospital in suburban Bandra in Mumbai on December 25 and since then he has had to undergo some regular check-ups. In November last year, the senior actor was hospitalised after a health scare but was discharged soon. According to the doctors, the veteran actor is perfectly well.
Famous lensman Jagdish Mali was reportedly seen in a semi-nude condition, wandering aimlessly on the streets in Mumbai by little known actor Mink Brar. But daughter Antara Mali and the photo-journalist himself have denied the reports explaining that for his evening walk that day he had worn casual clothes. Since his sugar level had dropped, Mali had had a bar of chocolate which melted and messed up his clothes making him look disheveled.
No more VJing
Sophiya Haque, Ex-VJ, actress passed away on January 17 in London. She was suffering from cancer. The 41-year old, a British Asian actress, the singer and host became popular in India as a VJ/host on pop-music channels broadcast by India in the 1990s. Sophia Haque rose to fame in 1990s as a VJ/host and a cadbury advertisement and has also starred had a role alongside Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy in the 2008 film Wanted, and was a DJ on BBC Asian Network.
- Four-time Chikkaballapur MP Jalappa bats for Moily
- Congress cannot be wiped out, Rahul says at Mangalore rally
- Sule leads expenses chart, Kadam second
- Cambridge grad or Class IV pass-out, education no bar for candidates
- HC extends stay on arrest of Teesta, four others till April 23
- Cong threatens legal action against Madhu Kishwar