There is a lot of bungling happening in DDCA, says Bishan Singh Bedi
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Excerpts from Bishan Singh Bedi's interview to Siddhartha Sharma after he announced his candidature for the post of DDCA president
What made you decide that you should contest the elections against DDCA president Arun Jaitley?
How long can one be an onlooker? There is a lot of bungling and all sorts of problems happening in DDCA cricket. Its high time that someone gets up to do some cleaning and brings improvement in the city's cricket. You can't just sit and watch what is currently happening in the association.
Could you explain it?
I have done fair amount of soul searching to be honest and I feel the time has come to cure the evil. I call this evil for a simple reason that they are damaging the game and they are doing this for such a long time. Players like Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir have emerged despite this rot. But the way these people are handling U-14, U-17, U-19, U-25 teams somebody has to put a stop to it. They have a 40 players for each team. Gadar macha rakha hai in logo ne.
Was pacer Navdeep Saini's selection in the Ranji squad a final straw for you? Some have also pointed fingers at Delhi captain Gautam Gambhir and say it was done at his behest. Your thoughts.
Don't blame the captain please. There is no connect between the officials and the players at all, whether it is Ranji Trophy or U-25. If Gautam Gambhir has taken this step, he must have thought something. Gambhir's commitment to the game has been unquestionable and we all know that. The intentions of the management are wrong.
How do you rate this Ranji team? The win against Vidarbha has put them on the second spot on the Group A table, however their performances has been below par previously. Your thoughts?
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express