There is need for total change, says Anna
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Social activist Anna Hazare on Tuesday said corruption was not the only issue but there was an urgent need for "sampoorna vyavastha parivartan (total change in system)" which included a change of government as well. He said he did not trust Congress and saw no difference between newly appointed Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and other top party leaders.
Hazare, who arrived to attend his Jantantra rally at Gandhi Maidan here on Wednesday, refrained from staying at state government guest house and chose to stay at the ancestral house of Loknayak Jaiprakash Narayan at Kadamkuan here.
He said he chose Patna to start his campaign for change because of the importance of the place in terms of launching any popular movement. Former Army chief V K Singh, one of the main organisers of the rally, has been camping in Patna for a week.
Taking on AICC president Sonia Gandhi, Hazare said: "She again wrote to me assuring that the Lokpal Bill will be brought in coming session of Parliament. We have been hearing this for last two years. I doubt UPA government's intention."
Asked how he viewed Rahul Gandhi's elevation to official number two position, he said: "Sab bhai-bhai hain (all are the same)."
Hazare said he would travel to four states in February and move across to other states from March, asking the people to bring total change. "It is not about just corruption. This country needs total change of establishment. JP's dreams of Total Revolution remain unfulfilled. It is up to us to fulfill his dreams." He said even if six crore people of country were awakened with his efforts, his purpose will be served.
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase