'Yes, I am in love, but I am not getting married,' says Zeenat Aman
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
- Govt confirms: US snooped on India emails
- Ordinances on Seemandhra, Rahul Bills are likely today
- UP shuts reserve forest as it hosts Sahara chief Subrata Roy
So beautiful and so ahead of her times, Zeenat Aman who redefined the liberated unfettered modern woman of Hindi cinema of the 1970s through her no-holds-barred performances in Hare Rama Hare Krishna, Manoranjan and Dhund, has found love again.
Says Zeenat, "Yes, I am in love. There is someone in my life, I won't deny it. But I am not getting married! Not right now at least. Yes, he has proposed to me. But I haven't decided to take the plunge as yet."
Zeenat who was married to actor Mazhar Khan until his death in 1998 has two adult sons Azaan and Zahaan who she says, are the prime focus of her life. "No doubt my boys are my priority. Now there's this man. And he's serious about our relationship. He wants to get married, so I am thinking about it."
The actress who blazed a new trail with her unabashed sensuality in Satyam Shivam Sundaram and Qurbani says her sons are happy for her. "At the end of the day they want to see their mother happy. Both my boys have just finished their education and are undecided about what they want to do with their lives. They have many options. One of my boys has studied culinary art and is also passionate about music. I will support them in whatever they want to do as long as they're happy."
Zeenat is also looking at returning to acting. "I've a couple of offers. Let's see how it all pans out. If it's not worth my while then no point in doing it. In recent times, some of the roles that I did were not much liked by the audience. One did them because one is a single parent with a kitchen to run."
Zeenat is proud to have given herself fully to whatever she did. "When it was my career I was fully into it. Then when it was marriage and motherhood I gave all of myself to them. And if there's marriage again, I'll be completely focused on it."
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today