There should be no 'Kahaani 2': Saswata Chatterjee
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
As 'Kahaani' director Sujoy Ghosh is ambivalent towards making a sequel of the blockbuster suspense drama, actor Saswata Chatterjee, who played contract killer Bob Biswas in the film, says he does not want to see 'Kahaani 2'.
The actor, whose character in 'Kahaani' became an internet phenomenon, says normally sequels don't click and he does not want to be a part of any such endeavour.
"I am not in favour of any sequel to 'Kahaani'. Even if there is any, I don't think I will be part of that. My character in the movie is over and done with," Saswata said on location shooting for Anik Dutta's next film 'Aschorjo Prodip'.
"Tell me which sequel has clicked in Hindi films?" Saswata added.
The actor said he had recently turned down offers from two Bollywood directors, saying his dates were booked till end 2013.
Besides, he would consider only those offers where he would feature as one of the leads and other factors like the script, director and production.
"I have quite a handful of projects here in Tollygunje film industry. There are films like 'Aschorjo Prodip', where I essay a modern day salesman, and others like Aparna Sen's 'Gaynar Baksho'. Let the audience judge me for these roles."
As for 'Aschorjo Prodip', he said there were lots of witty one-liners in the film.
Her also said that director Anik Datta was very methodical and 30 per cent shooting of the movie is over, which includes a dream sequence number with Mumtaj and road scenes.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today