There should be no 'Kahaani 2': Saswata Chatterjee
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
As 'Kahaani' director Sujoy Ghosh is ambivalent towards making a sequel of the blockbuster suspense drama, actor Saswata Chatterjee, who played contract killer Bob Biswas in the film, says he does not want to see 'Kahaani 2'.
The actor, whose character in 'Kahaani' became an internet phenomenon, says normally sequels don't click and he does not want to be a part of any such endeavour.
"I am not in favour of any sequel to 'Kahaani'. Even if there is any, I don't think I will be part of that. My character in the movie is over and done with," Saswata said on location shooting for Anik Dutta's next film 'Aschorjo Prodip'.
"Tell me which sequel has clicked in Hindi films?" Saswata added.
The actor said he had recently turned down offers from two Bollywood directors, saying his dates were booked till end 2013.
Besides, he would consider only those offers where he would feature as one of the leads and other factors like the script, director and production.
"I have quite a handful of projects here in Tollygunje film industry. There are films like 'Aschorjo Prodip', where I essay a modern day salesman, and others like Aparna Sen's 'Gaynar Baksho'. Let the audience judge me for these roles."
As for 'Aschorjo Prodip', he said there were lots of witty one-liners in the film.