'Thief' knew what's good for Gujarat: Narendra Modi takes dig at Cong
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
Congress is busy spreading lies about Gujarat's development through advertisements," the BJP stalwart said, adding Congress was stumped when he addressed election rallies at multiple venues through 3D technology.
Stating that the Assembly elections will be fought on development plank, Modi claimed the BJP Government had taken Gujarat to newer heights and its development politics will triumph in the polls.
"Congress has spent crores of rupees in campaigning which they have earned through scams.
But, Congress has failed to understand that Gujaratis can't be bought."
Holding that Congress is a personality-driven organisation which depends on one family to run its affairs, Modi said in contrast BJP is a party of workers and has a strong cadre which works for welfare of the poor.
Claiming that result of the next month's election will be "historic", the three-time Chief Minister said Congress has only survived on vote-bank politics and they should tell the people of Gujarat what they have done for the country.
The Centre is afraid that BJP's thrust on development will translate into votes and that is why, they are not giving sanction for projects in the state on time, Modi said.
The BJP leader said he had tried to steer Gujarat's ship in the direction of 'vikas' (development), 'vishwas' (trust) and 'vijay' (victory).