'Thief' knew what's good for Gujarat: Narendra Modi takes dig at Cong
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Congress is busy spreading lies about Gujarat's development through advertisements," the BJP stalwart said, adding Congress was stumped when he addressed election rallies at multiple venues through 3D technology.
Stating that the Assembly elections will be fought on development plank, Modi claimed the BJP Government had taken Gujarat to newer heights and its development politics will triumph in the polls.
"Congress has spent crores of rupees in campaigning which they have earned through scams.
But, Congress has failed to understand that Gujaratis can't be bought."
Holding that Congress is a personality-driven organisation which depends on one family to run its affairs, Modi said in contrast BJP is a party of workers and has a strong cadre which works for welfare of the poor.
Claiming that result of the next month's election will be "historic", the three-time Chief Minister said Congress has only survived on vote-bank politics and they should tell the people of Gujarat what they have done for the country.
The Centre is afraid that BJP's thrust on development will translate into votes and that is why, they are not giving sanction for projects in the state on time, Modi said.
The BJP leader said he had tried to steer Gujarat's ship in the direction of 'vikas' (development), 'vishwas' (trust) and 'vijay' (victory).