Thieves break into Microsoft’s US office to ‘steal only Apple iPads’
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Microsoft''s Silicon Valley research centre has been raided by thieves, who stole only stole a collection of Apple iPads.
Five Apple iPads, worth over 3,000 dollars were stolen some time between December 19 and 26, police said.
According to the Telegraph, two iPad 2s, two third generation iPads and one fourth generation iPad were taken from three offices at Microsoft''s Mountain View research and development complex.
Microsoft employees reported the theft when they returned to work after the Christmas break.
Police said no Microsoft products were reported stolen.
The report said that the building targeted is reported to be the base for the Microsoft team that builds software for Apple hardware so the presence of iPads is unsurprising.