Thinspiration blogs slammed for encouraging young girls to lose weight
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Dr Cate Curtis, a psychology lecturer at Waikato University, said "thin-spiration" sites could have a detrimental effect on those struggling with self esteem or body image, particularly around summer.
"The thing is, in winter if you're not feeling terribly confident about your figure it's relatively easier to hide that than in summer. Women in general already have very high rates of body dissatisfaction which at the extreme end can lead to eating disorders, but can also result in day to day unhappiness," she said.
"Put your health first and foremost and be healthy," she added.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express