Third arrest made in Versova murder case
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Police probing the Wednesday morning murder of 56-year-old Sabatina Fernandez, who was found dead on the doorstep of her seventh-floor flat in Versova two days ago, made a third arrest on Friday.
Oshiwara Police arrested Vikram Singh (23) in Bandra (East) and handed him over to their Versova counterparts.
Garbage collector Vishal Tak (20) and watchman of the building Shiv Kamal (20) were arrested on the day of the incident itself, but Singh was absconding.
Police also recovered the jewellery stolen by the three.
They said the accused went to Sabatina's flat when her husband Victor had gone out.
They rang the bell and as she opened the door attacked her with a knife and ran away with jewellery she was wearing.
"Tak and Shivkamal confessed to the crime and named Singh," said an officer at Versova Police Station.