Third arrest made in Versova murder case
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Police probing the Wednesday morning murder of 56-year-old Sabatina Fernandez, who was found dead on the doorstep of her seventh-floor flat in Versova two days ago, made a third arrest on Friday.
Oshiwara Police arrested Vikram Singh (23) in Bandra (East) and handed him over to their Versova counterparts.
Garbage collector Vishal Tak (20) and watchman of the building Shiv Kamal (20) were arrested on the day of the incident itself, but Singh was absconding.
Police also recovered the jewellery stolen by the three.
They said the accused went to Sabatina's flat when her husband Victor had gone out.
They rang the bell and as she opened the door attacked her with a knife and ran away with jewellery she was wearing.
"Tak and Shivkamal confessed to the crime and named Singh," said an officer at Versova Police Station.
Singh, who works as a spot boy and resides in Nerul, had gone underground after police arrested his accomplices.