Third arrest made in Versova murder case
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
Police probing the Wednesday morning murder of 56-year-old Sabatina Fernandez, who was found dead on the doorstep of her seventh-floor flat in Versova two days ago, made a third arrest on Friday.
Oshiwara Police arrested Vikram Singh (23) in Bandra (East) and handed him over to their Versova counterparts.
Garbage collector Vishal Tak (20) and watchman of the building Shiv Kamal (20) were arrested on the day of the incident itself, but Singh was absconding.
Police also recovered the jewellery stolen by the three.
They said the accused went to Sabatina's flat when her husband Victor had gone out.
They rang the bell and as she opened the door attacked her with a knife and ran away with jewellery she was wearing.
"Tak and Shivkamal confessed to the crime and named Singh," said an officer at Versova Police Station.
Singh, who works as a spot boy and resides in Nerul, had gone underground after police arrested his accomplices.