Third Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad to be held in January
MAAER's MIT School of Government will organise the 3rd Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad on the MIT campus from January 10 to January 12 under the aegis of the Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad Foundation. BCS will be held in association with the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Ministry of Higher & Technical Education, and Ministry of Sports & Youth Welfare, Maharashtra.
It is also supported by UNESCO Chair for Human Rights, Democracy, Peace and Tolerance World Peace Centre, Alandi. Bharatiya Chhatra Sansad is a non-political platform to sensitise students to enter public life, to play an active role in politics and contribute towards the development of the nation.
The event will be webcasted live in 200 universities of India by Union Ministry of HRD. The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha channels will cover the entire event that will consist of eight sessions. Each session during these three days, will be chaired by a Speaker of a Legislative Assembly of an Indian state.
A Vice-Chancellor of a prominent University of India will also address the session. Apart from various national leaders including chief ministers of various states, Aung San Suu Kyi and Ban Ki-moon, UN secretary general will also address the audience through video conference.
- Man held for fleeing with women’s jewellery after proposing marriage
- Now, accused Shridharan seeks permanent accommodation
- Quash FIR for murder bid, Rane urges HC
- Ahmedabad East seat: Congress local man confident of overtaking BJP’s ‘imported actor’
- Trangenders in city hail SC verdict, say they’re humans at last
- Ramdev to campaign for Modi in Vadodara, Cong complains