Third change in less than a week, Anand Sharma gets a new MoS
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Malinga double spells trouble for Windies
In the third change in the Council of Ministers since last Sunday's reshuffle, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday shifted Minister of State (MoS) in the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy S Jagathrakshakan to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
A DMK MP, Jagathrakshakan was MoS, Information and Broadcasting, before he was shifted to the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in Sunday's reshuffle. The move was affected to bring in Congress leader Manish Tewari as the MoS (Independent Charge) in the Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
A communique issued by the Rashtrapati Bhavan on Friday announced that Jagathrakshakan was being transferred as a junior minister to Commerce Minister Anand Sharma. Sharma already has D Purandeswari as a junior minister.
The first change after the reshuffle had come when Jitin Prasada, who was allotted the portfolios of Defence and Human Resource Development, lost Defence within hours. Jitendra Singh, who was elevated as MoS (Independent Charge), Youth Affairs & Sports, was then made a junior minister for Defence along with another fellow MP from Rajasthan, Lalchand Kataria.
Two days later, on October 30, the second reallocation of portfolios was affected, shifting Kataria as MoS to the Ministry of Rural Development. Shipping was given as additional portfolio to Milind Deora, MoS of Communications & Information Technology, while MoS of Health and Family Welfare Lakshmi Panabaka was moved as the MoS of Petroleum & Natural Gas.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case