Third World Cup kabaddi to be held at Vijaywada
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi's vision is limited to 'toffees and balloons', says Raman Singh
Vijaywada is all set to host the third edition of World Cup of kabaddi, schedule to be held from March 27 to 31 next year.
Twenty teams from all over the world have been extended invitation for the tournament, announced Janardan Singh Gehlot, President - International Kabaddi Federation, Asian Kabaddi Federation and Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India today.
Apart from India, other nations which are expected to take part in the competition are Pakistan, Iran, Turkmenistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Korea, Chinese Taipei, Japan, Australia, England, Canada, USA, Italy and Mexico.
Gehlot said that in last couple of years, kabaddi has gained tremendous popularity and international kabaddi federation receives at least one enquiry every month from a new country that wants to play the sport.
He attributed the simplicity of the game as main reason for it.
The last two World Cups, which were held in Mumbai and Panvel, attracted 12 and 14 teams, respectively, and Gehlot said "we are sure that this time 16 teams will definitely take part in the event".