This Australian Test team is weak: Harbhajan
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
In a chat with Devendra Pandey, the off-spinner also talks about what makes Team India click
Any particular reason for not bowling the doosra in the two Test matches against Australia?
I can't bowl according to what people wish. It's up to me how to bowl. One has to bowl according to the conditions. I think I did well. Even after not using the doosra, I'm glad I got wickets.
There is a lot of positive talk about the atmosphere in the Indian dressing room.
Coach Gary Kirsten and the support staff have created a lovely environment. It is like one big family now. There is no senior-junior thing. We seniors try to make the younger players feel at home. There is a lot of confidence in each other's abilities in this Indian dressing room.
How is it that Team India generates something special when we play Australia?
Honestly, it is not just Australia... whenever we play an opponent we prepare well. We ensure we stick to our plans. We watch a lot of videos and make sure we know the strengths and weaknesses of each player in the opposition.
The Indian team doesn't hesitate to take risks...
One has to take risks. The team management is backing youngsters and the good thing is that they are performing at every stage. Young batsmen must be ready to bat at any position be it Cheteshwar Pujara, or Murali Vijay. Tomorrow if MS (Dhoni) asks me to bat at no.3, I shouldn't think twice.
Pragyan Ojha seems to be shaping up well.
Give youngsters some time and they will deliver. These youngsters just want to win everything. We still need to give these youngsters a longer rope, especially, in Test cricket. One shouldn't write them off after they fail in just a couple of matches. We need to back our players.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress