This may be aunty's last political fight: Vijay Jolly
- Congress wants Amit Shah held, BJP says nation shares his views
- Narendra Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager: L K Advani
- Pakistan bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran holds AAP govt Reliance FIR illegal
- Unruffled Indian team lets hair down with PS3, selfies, soccer
Bharatiya Janata Party MLA Vijay Jolly, who is contesting against the Congress's Sheila Dikshit in the New Delhi constituency, promises it will be the "battle of her life" for the chief minister.
"I am conscious of the fact that I am contesting against the chief minister. I intend to make the contest interesting, fierce, and tough," he said.
Referring to Dikshit as "aunty", he said this could be her last political fight.
On Wednesday, the BJP leader hit out at Dikshit on the issue of the lack of water supply in the New Delhi constituency. Jolly claimed that, despite the fact that Dikshit was heading the Delhi Jal Board for ten years, water is available only for one hour in the day in her own constituency.
"While touring the area I spoke to residents of the government colony close to Gole Market. They said the water supply lasts only an hour in their area, and that Dikshit never visits either," he said.
Addressing his first press conference after being chosen to contest against Dikshit, Jolly promised more fireworks and road shows. "Dikshit will have to face a political volley from me on a daily basis. I will debate every issue on which the government has remained silent," he said. On Tuesday, Jolly had raised the issue of price rise of tomatoes, now selling at Rs 48 per kg.
He also drew a parallel with the American presidential polls. "If Obama could defeat McCain, then in these Assembly elections, I will definitely defeat Sheila Dikshit," he said.
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death