Those who aid rape accused will be exiled: Baghpat panchayat
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
In the wake of widespread outrage over the gangrape in Delhi, a panchayat in Baghpat has decided that anyone who helps a rape-and-murder accused in getting bail will not be allowed to stay in the village.
The body of a six-year-old girl was found in a field at Hameedabad village on December 11. Accused Anil Kumar Kashyap, who was arrested the same day, is lodged in jail.
The panchayat was held on Wednesday evening where the members expressed their outrage over Anil's "heinous act".
Pradhan Mukesh Sharma said, "The Delhi incident was in the people's mind. It was decided that anyone who helps Anil get bail will not be allowed to stay in the village so that no one dared to commit such a crime again."