Those who aid rape accused will be exiled: Baghpat panchayat
- Mahad bridge collapse: Naval locates wreckage of two buses under water
- Stop sympathising, act against Dalit attackers: Mayawati tells PM Modi
- Raghuram Rajan: Ready to stay a bit longer to complete bank 'clean ups'
- Singapore tribunal reveals how Ranbaxy ‘buried info on fraud, duped its owners’
- Minister of State floats a new bogey: Intellectual terrorism
In the wake of widespread outrage over the gangrape in Delhi, a panchayat in Baghpat has decided that anyone who helps a rape-and-murder accused in getting bail will not be allowed to stay in the village.
The body of a six-year-old girl was found in a field at Hameedabad village on December 11. Accused Anil Kumar Kashyap, who was arrested the same day, is lodged in jail.
The panchayat was held on Wednesday evening where the members expressed their outrage over Anil's "heinous act".
Pradhan Mukesh Sharma said, "The Delhi incident was in the people's mind. It was decided that anyone who helps Anil get bail will not be allowed to stay in the village so that no one dared to commit such a crime again."
- She has not let anyone down. The people of India have let down Irom Sharmila
- Triple talaq: Indian Muslims must find a solution in accordance with the teachings and spirit of Islam
- Several problems and hurdles lie ahead in the implementation of the GST regime
- In Brazil, majestic horses leapt over hurdles. In India, the holy cow lay low
- Poor management of floods afflicts the Assam economy
- Una awakening: New focus on land distribution for redemption of Dalit dignity