Those who aid rape accused will be exiled: Baghpat panchayat
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
In the wake of widespread outrage over the gangrape in Delhi, a panchayat in Baghpat has decided that anyone who helps a rape-and-murder accused in getting bail will not be allowed to stay in the village.
The body of a six-year-old girl was found in a field at Hameedabad village on December 11. Accused Anil Kumar Kashyap, who was arrested the same day, is lodged in jail.
The panchayat was held on Wednesday evening where the members expressed their outrage over Anil's "heinous act".
Pradhan Mukesh Sharma said, "The Delhi incident was in the people's mind. It was decided that anyone who helps Anil get bail will not be allowed to stay in the village so that no one dared to commit such a crime again."
Anil's family members, including his mother, elder brother Sunil Kashyap, his wife and children, left the village soon after the incident and are staying with relatives.