Thought James Bond role would box me in: Hugh Jackman
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Australian actor Hugh Jackman says he declined to be considered for James Bond role because he was already shooting for an action movie 'X-Men'.
Jackman, who has bagged an Oscar nomination for his role in Tom Hooper's 'Les Miserables', has turned down many famous roles including the one played by Richard Gere in 'Chicago', the Hollywood Reporter said.
Talking about James Bond, which has Daniel Craig as 007, Jackman said, "I thought it would box me in too much. My natural instinct is to keep as many doors open as possible."
Jackman also pulled out of the Ryan Gosling starrer Drive, which he had developed, because he was unsure about working with relatively new director Nicolas Winding Refn.
The actor is currently preparing for the next 'X-Men' movie.