Thousands stranded at China airport as fog delays 283 flights
- Dadri reminds us how PM Modi bears responsibility for the poison that is being spread
- Kill policemen, never commit suicide: Hardik tells Patel youth
- From Arvind Kejriwal to Rahul Gandhi: Who said what on Dadri lynching
- Forensic lab rules out drug overdose in Indrani Mukerjea case
- Bihar polls: After Nitish Kumar's remark, BJP promises free petrol for scooties
Heavy fog continued to shroud China's southwestern Yunnan province capital Kunming, delaying over 283 flights and leaving thousands of passengers stranded.
Kunming Changshui International Airport is yet to handle the departure of 283 flights that had been grounded due to misty weather since yesterday, operators said.
The officials reported nearly 10,000 passengers present at the airport during midnight. Operators said they were making "all-out efforts" to maintain order and to arrange accommodation for the stranded.
Massive flight delays began to hit the airport on Thursday after thick fog dropped the visibility to 300 to 800 metres.