Thousands throng Mansa Devi shrine
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
Navratra Mela begins amid elaborate security arrangements
As the nine-day long Navratra Mela began at the Mata Mansa Devi Shrine Complex on Friday, thousands of devotees gathered to pay their obeisance. Haryana Chief Secretary Dharamvir inaugurated the fair.
"Elaborate arrangements have been made by the Administration so that lakhs of devotees from Punjab, HP and Haryana do not face any problem. Also the main parking of the shrine has been shifted to a new venue, said to be almost ten times bigger than the one used previously," said the spokesperson of the shrine board.
Apart from providing round-the-clock ambulance facilities and dispensary, the authorities stated that as many as 17 CCTV cameras have been installed on the shrine premises.
Most of the devotees were impressed with the arrangements in place.
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.