Three arrested for gangrape in Karnal
- LIVE: Lok Sabha passes Telangana Bill, Jagan calls for bandh across Andhra Pradesh
- Your ministers used to throw dust, now they're using pepper spray to fool people: Modi to Cong
- Rajiv Gandhi's killers get relief, Supreme Court commutes death penalty to life
- Seven Naxals killed in police encounter in Gadchiroli
- Interim Budget 2014: Economy headache for next government
The Haryana Police on Tuesday arrested three people on charges of gangrape. A resident of Bayana village had lodged a complaint with the police on December 15 that she was allegedly gangraped by four people. The police registered a case under the SC/ST Act and Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act. The victim was medically examined. All the three accused were produced in court, from where they were remanded in judicial custody.
Discoms give defaulters another chance
Chandigarh: The Haryana Power Utilities has decided to give another chance to villagers and farmers, with pending electricity bills against them as on June 16, 2005, to benefits from the 'Bill Waiver Scheme' by paying only the capital amount of bills pertaining to the period with effect from June 17, 2005.
'All govt vehicles to get HSRPs by Jan 31'
Chandigarh: The Haryana State Transport Commissioner, Sumita Misra, on Tuesday issued directions that all government vehicles should get the High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) fixed by January 31, after obtaining the authorisation slips from the registering authority concerned.
Two-day seminar for farmers begins
Amritsar: The two-day training programme on 'Post Harvesting Technology' for farmers being organised by the Central Warehousing Corporation began on Tuesday at the Integrated Check Post, Attari. Around 45 farmers participated in the programme.