Three BMC sweepers held for sodomising 14-year-old
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan over controversial remarks
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga breaks solid stand, cleans up Pandey for 64
Three BMC sweepers were arrested Wednesday for repeatedly sodomising a 14-year-old boy in Dadar (East) since June last year.
Madhukar Tambe (30), Rohit Jadhav (20) and Atul Sakpal (19) were arrested from their homes at 6 pm after the victim's mother lodged a complaint at Bhoiwada police station.
They have been charged under IPC section 377 (unnatural sexual intercourse).
Police said the boy complained of bleeding in his stool and confided in his mother after much persuasion.
"The boy was afraid to tell his mother. It is only on Wednesday that she discovered the abuse because he was in a lot of pain. The abuse took place several times in the vicitm's home and also in the homes of the accused. The boy has been sent to Nagpada police hospital for examination. After recording his statement, we will add other sections and decide whether or not to charge the accused under Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012," said inspector Sunil Kale.