Three BMC sweepers held for sodomising 14-year-old
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
Three BMC sweepers were arrested Wednesday for repeatedly sodomising a 14-year-old boy in Dadar (East) since June last year.
Madhukar Tambe (30), Rohit Jadhav (20) and Atul Sakpal (19) were arrested from their homes at 6 pm after the victim's mother lodged a complaint at Bhoiwada police station.
They have been charged under IPC section 377 (unnatural sexual intercourse).
Police said the boy complained of bleeding in his stool and confided in his mother after much persuasion.
"The boy was afraid to tell his mother. It is only on Wednesday that she discovered the abuse because he was in a lot of pain. The abuse took place several times in the vicitm's home and also in the homes of the accused. The boy has been sent to Nagpada police hospital for examination. After recording his statement, we will add other sections and decide whether or not to charge the accused under Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012," said inspector Sunil Kale.