- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha polls: Voting picks up in NE states; 40 per cent turnout in Manipur till noon
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: It's in Cong's character to make false promises to win elections, says Modi on Shinde's turf
Actor, dancer and DJ Ashwin Mushran talks about his initial struggle, love for salsa and his dream role
While the versatile actor who's small but indispensable roles in a number of box office hits have won many hearts, another flair of the artiste Ashwin Mushran was on display in the city this Friday when he set the party grooving at Stone Water Grill
While many know him for acting with the stalwarts in Bollywood, his other roles remain deprived of their fair share of exposure. The multifaceted personality is also the master of scintillating salsa moves. Not to forget mixing tracks – the actor who loves being a DJ says disc jockeying has been his forte since long. Mushran known also as DJ Ash, is at the same time an actor, salsa dancer and a disc jockey.
An energetic salsa dance demonstration along with Salsa Guru, Kaytee Namgyal was in store for the diners at Stone Water Grill. And that was not where the party metre stopped ticking, as the actor also got into the shoes of the disc jockey at the party. A number of popular tracks and the dance floor was set on fire. A lover of the salsa dance form Mushran says, "Dance form was by default to me and I love its music and ability to help relax. Salsa let people come together and teaches etiquette. They bring men and women closer in the dance floor without being bedfellows. That is what I admire in salsa."
He also added that teaching salsa has taken a lot of hard work from him but at the same time, he also enjoyed the job. Mushran learnt the art in London and started the career in dancing in 1997. There he was associated with The Super Mario Club where he also taught for three years. He is an admirer of the Salsa Guru Kaytee and hails him as the best in India.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move