- SC orders completion of trial of all sitting MPs, MLAs within year of framing charges
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
Actor, dancer and DJ Ashwin Mushran talks about his initial struggle, love for salsa and his dream role
While the versatile actor who's small but indispensable roles in a number of box office hits have won many hearts, another flair of the artiste Ashwin Mushran was on display in the city this Friday when he set the party grooving at Stone Water Grill
While many know him for acting with the stalwarts in Bollywood, his other roles remain deprived of their fair share of exposure. The multifaceted personality is also the master of scintillating salsa moves. Not to forget mixing tracks – the actor who loves being a DJ says disc jockeying has been his forte since long. Mushran known also as DJ Ash, is at the same time an actor, salsa dancer and a disc jockey.
An energetic salsa dance demonstration along with Salsa Guru, Kaytee Namgyal was in store for the diners at Stone Water Grill. And that was not where the party metre stopped ticking, as the actor also got into the shoes of the disc jockey at the party. A number of popular tracks and the dance floor was set on fire. A lover of the salsa dance form Mushran says, "Dance form was by default to me and I love its music and ability to help relax. Salsa let people come together and teaches etiquette. They bring men and women closer in the dance floor without being bedfellows. That is what I admire in salsa."
He also added that teaching salsa has taken a lot of hard work from him but at the same time, he also enjoyed the job. Mushran learnt the art in London and started the career in dancing in 1997. There he was associated with The Super Mario Club where he also taught for three years. He is an admirer of the Salsa Guru Kaytee and hails him as the best in India.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress