Three coaches of Flying Rani derail
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
- US court dismisses Devyani Khobragade's indictment in visa fraud case
Three coaches of Flying Rani Express derailed at the Mumbai Central Yard on Monday evening, delaying it for more than three hours. Three mainline trains were also delayed for some time because of the derailment.
The incident reportedly occurred due to a lack of coordination between the yard master and the cabin staff (who set the route for the train). The yard master was suspended following the derailment.
According to Central Railway officials, "when Flying Rani was moving from washing pit No. 6 towards platform No. 4 of Mumbai Central, the yard master told the cabin staff that the train was coming from washing pit No. 5. Accordingly, the cabin staff set the route. As a consequence, three coaches of the train derailed at 4.39 pm. Yard master on duty S S Kamble was later placed under suspension".
The train finally left for Surat at 9.5 pm.