Three coaches of Flying Rani derail
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
Three coaches of Flying Rani Express derailed at the Mumbai Central Yard on Monday evening, delaying it for more than three hours. Three mainline trains were also delayed for some time because of the derailment.
The incident reportedly occurred due to a lack of coordination between the yard master and the cabin staff (who set the route for the train). The yard master was suspended following the derailment.
According to Central Railway officials, "when Flying Rani was moving from washing pit No. 6 towards platform No. 4 of Mumbai Central, the yard master told the cabin staff that the train was coming from washing pit No. 5. Accordingly, the cabin staff set the route. As a consequence, three coaches of the train derailed at 4.39 pm. Yard master on duty S S Kamble was later placed under suspension".
The train finally left for Surat at 9.5 pm.