Three die due to cold in UP
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Three persons died in the past 24 hours in different parts of Uttar Pradesh as cold wave conditions prevailed across the state, taking the toll this season to 21.
One death each was reported in Lalitpur, Gorakhpur and Muzaffar Nagar, official sources said here today.
Lowest temperature in the state was 3.2 degree Celsius recorded at Fatehgarh.
According to the Met office, maximum temperatures were below normal by 6 to 11 degree Celsius over many parts of the state.
While cold day conditions prevailed, weather was mainly dry over the state.
Night temperatures fell markedly in Allahabad division, fell appreciably in Jhansi division and changed little over elsewhere, Met officials said.
For the next 24 hours, cold day conditions would continue to prevail while dense fog (visibility upto 100 metre or less) would occur over some parts of the state, they said.