Three from city held for raping Wai teen
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Three Mumbai residents were arrested Monday for allegedly raping a 15-year-old runaway girl from Wai in Satara district.
Sources said the teenager, who stays with her parents, came to Thane on January 16 to meet a friend in Dombivali. After her calls to the friend from Thane Railway Station went answered, she sat down at platform 6 and started crying.
Late at night, Gopalkrishna Dasashri (27) and Rajendra Naidu (20) allegedly approached her and made enquiries. After hearing her story, Dasashri allegedly convinced the girl to come home with him. "The girl said Dasashri told her he had a wife who would take care of her. Dasashri lives alone and allegedly raped her in his Ghatkopar residence. The next day, he took her to the residence of Naidu in Govandi, where he too forced himself on her. He then took her back to Thane station and left her with another friend Vishwakeshan Bendu (25)," said a Thane railway police officer.
Police said Bendu allegedly "married" her at a temple in Ghatkopar, after which he took her to his residence in Ramabai Nagar and had repeated intercourse. On February 7, Bendu and the girl visited Gateway of India where they got separated. The victim could not remember where Bendu lived. She went to Thane but returned to south Mumbai the next day, where she was directed to Colaba police station. Bendu had also gone to Colaba police station after he failed to find her.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2