Three from city held for raping Wai teen
- BJP unhappy over Gadkari-Raj meeting, says it's a closed chapter
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
Three Mumbai residents were arrested Monday for allegedly raping a 15-year-old runaway girl from Wai in Satara district.
Sources said the teenager, who stays with her parents, came to Thane on January 16 to meet a friend in Dombivali. After her calls to the friend from Thane Railway Station went answered, she sat down at platform 6 and started crying.
Late at night, Gopalkrishna Dasashri (27) and Rajendra Naidu (20) allegedly approached her and made enquiries. After hearing her story, Dasashri allegedly convinced the girl to come home with him. "The girl said Dasashri told her he had a wife who would take care of her. Dasashri lives alone and allegedly raped her in his Ghatkopar residence. The next day, he took her to the residence of Naidu in Govandi, where he too forced himself on her. He then took her back to Thane station and left her with another friend Vishwakeshan Bendu (25)," said a Thane railway police officer.
Police said Bendu allegedly "married" her at a temple in Ghatkopar, after which he took her to his residence in Ramabai Nagar and had repeated intercourse. On February 7, Bendu and the girl visited Gateway of India where they got separated. The victim could not remember where Bendu lived. She went to Thane but returned to south Mumbai the next day, where she was directed to Colaba police station. Bendu had also gone to Colaba police station after he failed to find her.
"Colaba police contacted us. We already had a missing person report and sent a team with her parents to Mumbai. Bendu, Dasashri and Naidu were subsequently traced and arrested and handed over to Thane railway police," said inspector D H Dhome, Wai police station.
- Bulls run on Dalal Street as Putin tones down on Ukraine
- Punjab cagers dump title holders, meet TN in finals
- Laser hair removal goes wrong, man’s arm gets burnt
- A peek into the FB posts of V-P who stabbed wife to death
- CBI set to reopen bribery case against Sudhir Choudhrie
- Court pulls up govt, police for ‘lax’ attitude in marital sodomy case