Three held for rape, murder of ragpicker
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Pant Nagar police Saturday arrested three persons in connection with the rape and murder of a 55-year-old woman who was found dead on the Ghatkopar-Andheri Link Road on January 1.
Post mortem reports later revealed that the woman, a ragpicker, was raped before being murdered.
The woman lived on the pavement, a short distance away from where her body was found.
Police picked up Aarif Sheikh (21), Raju Jaiswal (21) and Milind Taide (22) from Parksite area in Vikhroli Saturday. The three suspects are ragpickers and drug addicts, they added. After raping the woman on December 31, they bashed her head with a stone. They were remanded in police custody, police said.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food