Three held for rape, murder of ragpicker
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Pant Nagar police Saturday arrested three persons in connection with the rape and murder of a 55-year-old woman who was found dead on the Ghatkopar-Andheri Link Road on January 1.
Post mortem reports later revealed that the woman, a ragpicker, was raped before being murdered.
The woman lived on the pavement, a short distance away from where her body was found.
Police picked up Aarif Sheikh (21), Raju Jaiswal (21) and Milind Taide (22) from Parksite area in Vikhroli Saturday. The three suspects are ragpickers and drug addicts, they added. After raping the woman on December 31, they bashed her head with a stone. They were remanded in police custody, police said.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Telescope: From Fawad Khan to Kalki Koechlin, journeys to keep an eye on
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP