Three held for rape, murder of ragpicker
- Alleged mastermind behind Sabarmati Express burning case arrested by Gujarat ATS
- Malegaon case shows Hindutva forces are succeeding in widening Hindu-Muslim divide, writes Julio Ribeiro
- After Nehru, Rajasthan now axes RTI Act from textbook
- Pathankot airbase attack: ‘Handler’ Latif pushed back to Pak after ’93 Hazratbal siege, was deported in 2010
- Elections in five states: Fate of 8,300 candidates to be known tomorrow
Pant Nagar police Saturday arrested three persons in connection with the rape and murder of a 55-year-old woman who was found dead on the Ghatkopar-Andheri Link Road on January 1.
Post mortem reports later revealed that the woman, a ragpicker, was raped before being murdered.
The woman lived on the pavement, a short distance away from where her body was found.
Police picked up Aarif Sheikh (21), Raju Jaiswal (21) and Milind Taide (22) from Parksite area in Vikhroli Saturday. The three suspects are ragpickers and drug addicts, they added. After raping the woman on December 31, they bashed her head with a stone. They were remanded in police custody, police said.
- Burying Karkare: I cannot let these forces go unchallenged
- Maoists’ use of IEDs reveals the true nature of their project
- Supreme Court’s judgment on criminal defamation is the latest illustration of a syndrome
- In the battle for academic freedom
- Modi government has rightly given the highest priority to reviving agriculture
- Should the citizen say ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’, or not, is not the question