Three held for rape, murder of ragpicker
- Bulandshahr gangrape case: SC pulls up Azam Khan for calling the incident 'political conspiracy'
- Rajnath Singh to lead all-party team to Kashmir on September 4
- Banks, govt offices reopen, private cars back on roads as curfew lifted in most parts of Kashmir
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says won't resign from Rajya Sabha
- Scorpene Submarine data leak being viewed 'very seriously', says Navy chief
Pant Nagar police Saturday arrested three persons in connection with the rape and murder of a 55-year-old woman who was found dead on the Ghatkopar-Andheri Link Road on January 1.
Post mortem reports later revealed that the woman, a ragpicker, was raped before being murdered.
The woman lived on the pavement, a short distance away from where her body was found.
Police picked up Aarif Sheikh (21), Raju Jaiswal (21) and Milind Taide (22) from Parksite area in Vikhroli Saturday. The three suspects are ragpickers and drug addicts, they added. After raping the woman on December 31, they bashed her head with a stone. They were remanded in police custody, police said.
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist
- Ironically, freedom of speech was first restricted to curb anti-Pakistan views
- Scorpene data leak underlines hazards of India’s dependence for military hardware
- Government has the opportunity to rein in food inflation on a sustainable basis
- PM Dahal must address coalition concerns, balance relations with India, China
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism