Three held for firing at police, cattle theft
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kiran bedi supports Narendra Modi's PM candidature
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
Three persons were arrested in Indraprastha Extension, East Delhi, for hurling stones and shooting at police personnel. The police team had tried to stop them from fleeing the capital with stolen cattle. The police have recovered a country-made pistol and two live cartridges from their possession.
The accused persons have been identifed as Rizwan (40), Mohammed Aaquil (23) and Jaane Alam (21). The two were arrested from a petrol pump in Indraprastha Extension.
Police said the three accused had fired at a police party near Rohini Sector-27 on January 15.
The accused were heading to Bawana on that night. Police and residents had chased them, but they hurled stones at the police vehicle, injuring two police officials. They had also fired at the policemen.
"Unable to escape with the cattle, they had dumped their truck at a railway crossing and fled the spot on foot. We were trying to trace them since then. On Monday, we received a tip-off about the gang coming to East Delhi in a stolen Santro. We laid a trap and managed to arrest the three," a police officer said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) SBS Tyagi said police were trying to identify other members of the gang. The main accused Rizwan told police that he owned a dairy farm at his native place in Meerut and he wanted to steal cattle to increase livestock at his farm.
Rizwan is involved in at least ten cases of cattle theft.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready