Three held for rape, one for attempt to rape
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Three incidents of rape and an attempt to rape were reported from the capital over the past two days. In Rajouri Garden, an autorickshaw driver was arrested for allegedly attempting to rape a 17-year-old girl in his house.
According to police, the girl had gone to Raju's house and at the time of the incident, his wife was away. Raju attempted to rape the girl who managed to escape and inform her family, police said.
One Aman was arrested from Khayala in West Delhi for allegedly raping his 16-year-old neighbour after promising to marry her. Aman, police said, took the girl to Haryana and raped her. In her statement to police, the girl said Aman also raped her in various parts of the capital over the past four months.
A man, identified as Prant, was arrested for raping an 18-year-old who was his neighbour. The incident was reported from Khayala. He had promised to marry her. Prant, police said, is married and has two children. The victim alleged that Prant had been raping her for the past three months in Shimla.
A Class VIII student was raped in Ranhola, and the accused, Anil, allegedly threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident. Police said Anil, a relative of the girl, has been arrested.