Three held for rape, one for attempt to rape
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
Three incidents of rape and an attempt to rape were reported from the capital over the past two days. In Rajouri Garden, an autorickshaw driver was arrested for allegedly attempting to rape a 17-year-old girl in his house.
According to police, the girl had gone to Raju's house and at the time of the incident, his wife was away. Raju attempted to rape the girl who managed to escape and inform her family, police said.
One Aman was arrested from Khayala in West Delhi for allegedly raping his 16-year-old neighbour after promising to marry her. Aman, police said, took the girl to Haryana and raped her. In her statement to police, the girl said Aman also raped her in various parts of the capital over the past four months.
A man, identified as Prant, was arrested for raping an 18-year-old who was his neighbour. The incident was reported from Khayala. He had promised to marry her. Prant, police said, is married and has two children. The victim alleged that Prant had been raping her for the past three months in Shimla.
A Class VIII student was raped in Ranhola, and the accused, Anil, allegedly threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident. Police said Anil, a relative of the girl, has been arrested.