Three held for rape, one for attempt to rape
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Three incidents of rape and an attempt to rape were reported from the capital over the past two days. In Rajouri Garden, an autorickshaw driver was arrested for allegedly attempting to rape a 17-year-old girl in his house.
According to police, the girl had gone to Raju's house and at the time of the incident, his wife was away. Raju attempted to rape the girl who managed to escape and inform her family, police said.
One Aman was arrested from Khayala in West Delhi for allegedly raping his 16-year-old neighbour after promising to marry her. Aman, police said, took the girl to Haryana and raped her. In her statement to police, the girl said Aman also raped her in various parts of the capital over the past four months.
A man, identified as Prant, was arrested for raping an 18-year-old who was his neighbour. The incident was reported from Khayala. He had promised to marry her. Prant, police said, is married and has two children. The victim alleged that Prant had been raping her for the past three months in Shimla.
A Class VIII student was raped in Ranhola, and the accused, Anil, allegedly threatened to kill her if she told anyone about the incident. Police said Anil, a relative of the girl, has been arrested.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment