Three killed 13 injured as matador plunges into gorge in Jammu
- Government issues notification for OROP implementation
- BJP marks strong electoral presence in Kerala civic polls
- Will ensure accountability of each and every penny: PM Modi on 80,000 cr J&K package
- #MarchforIndia rally: Nobody has the right to call our country intolerant, says Anupam Kher
- RSS destroying liberal, secular India: Rahul Gandhi
THREE women were among nine people killed and 13 others injured when a matador, they were travelling from Doda to Bhaderwah, skidded off the road and fell into a 100 feet deep gorge near Bhalla this afternoon.
Reports reaching here said that the ill fated matador bearing No. JK-06-1389 was in high speed and the driver lost control over the steering near Bhalla. While five passengers died on the spot, four others succumbed to their injuries on way to hospital.
Soon after receiving information about the accident, Superintendent of Police, Doda, along with police team rushed to the spot to launch rescue operations. The local people also joined them in bringing bodies and the injured on the road.
Meanwhile, Minister for Public Works Department (R&B) Abdul Majid Wani expressed grief over the loss of human lives in accident. He asked the Deputy Commissioner, Doda, to immediately shift seriously injured people to Government Medical College Hospital at Jammu and also announce ex-gratia relief to the next of kin of the deceased.
- Across the aisle: Win or lose, Mr Modi will be on test in Bihar polls
- Reverse Swing: Narendra Modi's governance is a lost opportunity
- Fifth Column: Bihar’s future vs Bihar’s past
- Out of my mind: What India can learn from Margaret Thatcher on intolerance
- Inside Track: Strained relations
- Bihar polls: Reservations an effort to polarise India’s pluralistic society