Three killed in two road accidents
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Three people died in two road accidents on Friday morning. In both the cases, bus drivers were involved.
Jatin Khullar, 21, was killed on GT road while he was going to Doraha where he worked in a private firm. The accident happened near Dhandari Kalan when he was going to office and a Patiala bus (PB23 F7789) hit him from back and ran him over. The victim, a resident of Basti Jodhewal, died on the spot. So far, police could not trace the driver and the bus.
In the second incident, a Punjab Roadways bus coming from Chandigarh hit a tempo and a motorcycle at Jandiali Chowk near Kohara and killed two. The victims were identified as Quttabdin Ansari, 13, who was sitting with his brother Sahbaj Ansari, the driver of the tempo, and 35-year-old motorcyclist Bikar Singh.
The driver ran away, leaving the bus behind. FIRs have been registered in both the cases.