Three killed in two road accidents
- RJD splits as 13 MLAs desert Lalu Prasad for Nitish Kumar, but six âreturnâ
- No death penalty for Italian marines, Centre tells Supreme Court
- Rahul targets Modi for divisive politics
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
Three people died in two road accidents on Friday morning. In both the cases, bus drivers were involved.
Jatin Khullar, 21, was killed on GT road while he was going to Doraha where he worked in a private firm. The accident happened near Dhandari Kalan when he was going to office and a Patiala bus (PB23 F7789) hit him from back and ran him over. The victim, a resident of Basti Jodhewal, died on the spot. So far, police could not trace the driver and the bus.
In the second incident, a Punjab Roadways bus coming from Chandigarh hit a tempo and a motorcycle at Jandiali Chowk near Kohara and killed two. The victims were identified as Quttabdin Ansari, 13, who was sitting with his brother Sahbaj Ansari, the driver of the tempo, and 35-year-old motorcyclist Bikar Singh.
The driver ran away, leaving the bus behind. FIRs have been registered in both the cases.
- IIT prof ‘hyped’ cell radiation, daughter sold protective shields
- Harsh Vardhan missing at lunch hosted by Goel
- 2 asphyxiated in Noida manhole, another rescued
- IM planned to break ISI shackles, ally with al-Qaeda, Pak Taliban: chargesheet
- Engineer assaulted, Bharti joins protesters outside MCD office
- Leopard injures seven, Meerut locks itself in