Three live rocket shells found in Panchkula
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
Three live rocket shells were recovered from Khadak Mangoli area of Panchkula on Tuesday morning. The discovery caused panic in the village which falls in Old Panchkula.
Army personnel took the shells to a CRPF camp at Makhan Majra village in Chandigarh where these will be defused.
The shells were discovered by one Arjun Singh in his field. He called the police who further informed the Army and CRPF personnel, whose teams reached the spot to take stock of the situation.
An investigation is going on to find how the rocket shells reached the field. As per officials, it could be the handiwork of some scrap dealer who left the shells there. Other theories are also being examined.