Three live rocket shells found in Panchkula
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
Three live rocket shells were recovered from Khadak Mangoli area of Panchkula on Tuesday morning. The discovery caused panic in the village which falls in Old Panchkula.
Army personnel took the shells to a CRPF camp at Makhan Majra village in Chandigarh where these will be defused.
The shells were discovered by one Arjun Singh in his field. He called the police who further informed the Army and CRPF personnel, whose teams reached the spot to take stock of the situation.
An investigation is going on to find how the rocket shells reached the field. As per officials, it could be the handiwork of some scrap dealer who left the shells there. Other theories are also being examined.