Three live rocket shells found in Panchkula
- I expected to do very well but didn't expect to top it: UPSC topper
- Shiv Sena comes to BJP's rescue, says 'move to classify madrasas as non-schools not anti-religious'
- Across the Aisle: ‘Export or perish’. Have we chosen ‘perish’?
- Big Picture - ‘Why did they kill me, ammi?’
- Sunday Story: The Leader and his machine
Three live rocket shells were recovered from Khadak Mangoli area of Panchkula on Tuesday morning. The discovery caused panic in the village which falls in Old Panchkula.
Army personnel took the shells to a CRPF camp at Makhan Majra village in Chandigarh where these will be defused.
The shells were discovered by one Arjun Singh in his field. He called the police who further informed the Army and CRPF personnel, whose teams reached the spot to take stock of the situation.
An investigation is going on to find how the rocket shells reached the field. As per officials, it could be the handiwork of some scrap dealer who left the shells there. Other theories are also being examined.