Three Maoists arrested, six weapons seized
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Three Maoists, involved in the blowing up of railway track and other criminal activities, were arrested in Vaishali and Jamui districts of Bihar today, police said.
Acting on a tip off, the police raided Dharhara village in Vaishali district and arrested two Maoists, identified as Lakhendra Paswan and Harendra Paswan.
Four rifles, two pistols and 15 ammunition were recovered from their possession, Superintendent of Police Suresh Prasad Chaudhary said.
The duo were involved in blowing up of a railway track near Ghoshar halt under Hajipur-Muzaffarpur section of the ECR, besides other incidents of naxal violence in the district, he said.
In a related development, a hardcore Maoist identified as Sanjay Helbram was arrested from a hideout in Jamui district, the police said.
Hembram, a native of Gobardaha village, was wanted in several incidents of naxal violence in the district, the police said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express