Three SPs found drunk on duty, govt suspends trio
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The state government on Wednesday suspended three SPs on disciplinary grounds — they were allegedly found drunk on duty — and a district transport officer (DTO) for indiscipline.
According to sources, the state home department, following a report from the DGP S S Saini, suspended Gurdaspur SP (Operations) Jaskirit Singh, Taran Tarn SP (Headquarter) Raspal Singh Ghuman and Batala SP (Detective) Parmjit Singh Grewal. The three have been directed to report to the Punjab Police headquarters.
Following complaints against these officers, a special team conducted raids and found these officers in an inebriated condition. Principal Secretary (Home and Justice) D S Bains confirmed their suspensions.
On August 31, six police officers — two each from Commissionerates of Amritsar, Ludhiana and Jalandhar — were removed from active field duties.
The government on Wednesday also suspended Amritsar District Transport Officer Vimal Setia for failing to check plying of illegal buses in the city. A spokesman said this amounted to grave indiscipline and taking serious note of this, the government has decided to suspend him with immediate effect.
Meanwhile, the state government has formed two separate committees under the chief secretary and the DGP to look into complaints regarding corruption and indiscipline against officers.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express