Three SPs found drunk on duty, govt suspends trio
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
The state government on Wednesday suspended three SPs on disciplinary grounds — they were allegedly found drunk on duty — and a district transport officer (DTO) for indiscipline.
According to sources, the state home department, following a report from the DGP S S Saini, suspended Gurdaspur SP (Operations) Jaskirit Singh, Taran Tarn SP (Headquarter) Raspal Singh Ghuman and Batala SP (Detective) Parmjit Singh Grewal. The three have been directed to report to the Punjab Police headquarters.
Following complaints against these officers, a special team conducted raids and found these officers in an inebriated condition. Principal Secretary (Home and Justice) D S Bains confirmed their suspensions.
On August 31, six police officers — two each from Commissionerates of Amritsar, Ludhiana and Jalandhar — were removed from active field duties.
The government on Wednesday also suspended Amritsar District Transport Officer Vimal Setia for failing to check plying of illegal buses in the city. A spokesman said this amounted to grave indiscipline and taking serious note of this, the government has decided to suspend him with immediate effect.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food