Three-day PTU youth fest starts at GNIMT
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
The three-day Inter-zonal Youth Festival started at Guru Nanak Institute of Management and Technology (GNIMT), Gujarkhan campus, Model Town, on Sunday. In all, 22 colleges affiliated to Punjab Technical University from all four zones of Punjab are competing in various items.
Inaugurating the festival, Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria emphasised that cultural activities were as important as academics.
Dr S N Kant, former director (youth welfare), Panjab University, and observer appointed by PTU, highlighted the importance of youth festivals in the development of communication skills, confidence and overall personality of the students.
In the youth festival, Bhangra, classical dance and mime events were held on the first day while on second day, one-act play, debate and quiz will be organised. Vaar singing, Punjabi folk song and quiz (final) will be the other items.