Three-day PTU youth fest starts at GNIMT
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
The three-day Inter-zonal Youth Festival started at Guru Nanak Institute of Management and Technology (GNIMT), Gujarkhan campus, Model Town, on Sunday. In all, 22 colleges affiliated to Punjab Technical University from all four zones of Punjab are competing in various items.
Inaugurating the festival, Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria emphasised that cultural activities were as important as academics.
Dr S N Kant, former director (youth welfare), Panjab University, and observer appointed by PTU, highlighted the importance of youth festivals in the development of communication skills, confidence and overall personality of the students.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU