Three-day remand for Godhra man accused of raping daughter
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A local court in Godhra Sunday sent a man, who is accused of raping his eldest daughter (18) for three years and molesting the younger one, to three-day police remand. The 43-year-old man is father of four daughters and as many sons.
The man was arrested by the B Division police of Godhra town Saturday. He was produced before a magistrate who sent him to police custody.
"He was living his family in a one-room house. The victim had abandoned her studies some five years ago and the father started taking advantage of her loneliness when other members of the family were not around," said inspector Jayantilal Pandya.
"During interrogation, the accused said that his family members had conspired against him since he used to beat them over domestic issues. However, his wife told the police that the girl might have been exploited and that he acted so smartly that she never even got a whiff of it all these years," Pandya said, adding that the man allegedly used to threaten the girl to murder her if she informed anybody about him.