Three-month-long Budget session to be a stormy affair
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The argument of some parties was that if measures like criminal law amendment ordinance were passed hastily without giving much thought to the implications of the provisions, it would create havoc. Similar was their reasoning with the other key legislations, including the land acquisition bill.
There were also differences on the Lokpal bill despite the measure going through a standing committee and a select committee with some political parties opposing and wanting it to go through some more scrutiny.
There were also differences over the Food Security Bill, the Land Acquisition, Relief and Rehabilitation Bill, the Women's Reservation Bill and the bill to provide reservation in promotion for SC/STs.
"Political parties are not a homogeneous lot. Concerns of one party may be a red rag for other parties," Nath had said.
This means that the session having 34 sittings spread over two parts could mainly deal with the financial business due to lack of consensus and the heat generated over a variety of issues.
Besides discussion on the Motion of Thanks to the President for his Address, Parliament will also take up a discussion on the Statutory Resolution seeking approval of imposition of President's rule in Jharkhand.