'Thx' among latest words added to online Oxford dictionary
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Lexicographers at Oxford Dictionaries have added a fresh round of tech jargon to its online English dictionary, which includes words like 'thx'
Some of Friday's additions are the familiar ones, like 'tweetable' and 'social sharing,' which refers to people's growing need to post every piece of daily trivia to the Internet, Fox News reported.Others like "dumbphone" are also included, even if you don't use the term yourself.
But 'touchles,' for example, might not be as intuitive. According to Oxford, the term refers to gesture-control devices such as Microsoft's Kinect gaming accessory that uses a camera to interpret body motions for game-play.Still other entries might indeed have people turning to Oxford online to check definitions.