Tickets for Hockey India League semis, final sold out
- Salman Khan retracts tweets on Yakub Memon after protests; says 'never said he is innocent'
- Muslim League says SC has no right to interfere in matters of faith
- President urged to grant Yakub Memon reprieve from execution
- PM to launch cashless treatment scheme for accident victims
- Anna extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
The inaugural Hockey India League (HIL) seems to be a huge hit with citizens of Ranchi as tickets for the semi-finals and final, to be held in the Jharkhand capital on February 9 and 10, have already been sold out, the organisers said.
The Astroturf Hockey Stadium in Ranchi, the home base for HIL franchise Ranchi Rhinos, has a capacity of approximately 5000 and the orgainsers said that the consequential last three games are already sold out and there is a huge demand for more tickets among the hockey-crazy locals.
"There is still four days left but tickets for the semi-finals and final have been sold out well in advance. We have closed our counters at the ground. Those who have purchased tickets through www.ticketgenie.com, however, can collect their tickets from the ground," Hockey India secretary general and HIL chairman Narinder Batra said.
"It is great for the game of hockey in India. It shows the craze for hockey among Indian masses. I am happy that HIL has been a huge success in its inaugural year. It augurs well for the game in the country," he added.
While the two semi-finals of HIL will be held on February 9, the third-fourth place play-off game and the title clash will be held a day later on February 10.