Tickets for Hockey India League semis, final sold out
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
The inaugural Hockey India League (HIL) seems to be a huge hit with citizens of Ranchi as tickets for the semi-finals and final, to be held in the Jharkhand capital on February 9 and 10, have already been sold out, the organisers said.
The Astroturf Hockey Stadium in Ranchi, the home base for HIL franchise Ranchi Rhinos, has a capacity of approximately 5000 and the orgainsers said that the consequential last three games are already sold out and there is a huge demand for more tickets among the hockey-crazy locals.
"There is still four days left but tickets for the semi-finals and final have been sold out well in advance. We have closed our counters at the ground. Those who have purchased tickets through www.ticketgenie.com, however, can collect their tickets from the ground," Hockey India secretary general and HIL chairman Narinder Batra said.
"It is great for the game of hockey in India. It shows the craze for hockey among Indian masses. I am happy that HIL has been a huge success in its inaugural year. It augurs well for the game in the country," he added.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since