Tiger nails, teeth seized in raid
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
In a raid conducted by the Panchkula police in coordination with the People For Animals (PFA), Delhi, animal parts were seized from a shop in Mansa Devi shopping complex on Monday. The police said 30 tiger nails, 15 teeth, two paws, two horns of black buck and 60 oyster shells were seized from a general store in the complex. Sources said a tiger skin was also seized.
ASI Balwant Singh, who led the raid, said one Babu Ram has been arrested. According to Singh, the accused used to buy animal parts from tribals and sell them. A case has been registered and investigations are on.