Tiger nails, teeth seized in raid
- Islamic State claims responsibility for Karachi bus attack that killed 43 Shia Muslims
- One year of Narendra Modi govt: Many hits and some misses
- Black money bill passed; Govt warns those having illegal assets
- Robert Vadra's land deals to be probed by ex-SC judge commission
- Cabinet approves amendment in child labour law, allows children below 14 to work
In a raid conducted by the Panchkula police in coordination with the People For Animals (PFA), Delhi, animal parts were seized from a shop in Mansa Devi shopping complex on Monday. The police said 30 tiger nails, 15 teeth, two paws, two horns of black buck and 60 oyster shells were seized from a general store in the complex. Sources said a tiger skin was also seized.
ASI Balwant Singh, who led the raid, said one Babu Ram has been arrested. According to Singh, the accused used to buy animal parts from tribals and sell them. A case has been registered and investigations are on.