Tiger nails, teeth seized in raid
- J&K: Two policemen arrested in connection with Budgam youth's killing
- Congress warms up for rally on land bill; launches 'Zameen Wapsi' website
- Railways gearing up to tackle crimes against women: Prabhu
- Alliance of Janata Parivar requires new political line, says Kerala JD(U) faction
- Indian Navy's ships return after participating in 'Operation Rahat'
In a raid conducted by the Panchkula police in coordination with the People For Animals (PFA), Delhi, animal parts were seized from a shop in Mansa Devi shopping complex on Monday. The police said 30 tiger nails, 15 teeth, two paws, two horns of black buck and 60 oyster shells were seized from a general store in the complex. Sources said a tiger skin was also seized.
ASI Balwant Singh, who led the raid, said one Babu Ram has been arrested. According to Singh, the accused used to buy animal parts from tribals and sell them. A case has been registered and investigations are on.