Tigers roar to big win
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Indian Tigers 'A' roared to an emphatic 4-0 victory against V-Care 'A' in a Division II match of the Mumbai District Football Association (MDFA) League at the St Xavier's Ground, Parel on Monday.
The hero of the Tigers win was striker Shahbaz Shaikh who hit the target twice. Rahul Bharat and Kailesh Dhamankar added the other two goals. Earlier in a Division III encounter, Steadfast Academy blanked Pioneer Residency 4-0. Ray Sidai, Shahnaz V, Chetan Dhanu and Siddesh Iyer chipped in with one goal each for the victors. Rising Stars also enjoyed success as they overcame Labbaik SC by a solitary goal scored by the efforts of Aniket Pandey.
Results: Div-II: Indian Tigers 'A' 4 (Shahbaz Shaikh 2, Rahul Bharat, Kailesh Dhamankar) bt V-Care 'A' 0; Div-III: Rising Stars 1 (Aniket Pandey) bt Laibbak SC 0; Manish Nagar 1 (Elijah Baretto) bt Creek View 0; Steadfast Academy 4 (Ray Sidai, Shahnaz V, Chetan Dhanu, Siddesh Iyer) bt Pioneer Residency 0.
Oceanics drown Egyptian Boys
OCEANICS scored a shock 1-0 win against defending champs, Egyptian Boys, in a league match of the 13th Kalina Football League (KFL), organised by the Sports Committee of Our Lady of Egypt Church and played at the church ground. Shenol Jacinto netted the all-important winning goal.
In another match, Kalina Rangers and Nester Compound shared the spoils as they played out an exciting 2-2 draw. Neil D'Costa and Roche Mascarenhas were on target for Rangers, while Nester got their goals through Jess Jacinto and Keegan Carvalho.
Results: Men's league: Kalina Village Boys 2 (Danston Rodrigues, Clifton Fernandes) bt Kalina United 0; Kalina Rangers 2 (Neil D'Costa, Roche Mascarenhas) drew with Nester Compound 2 (Jess Jacinto, Keegan Carvalho); Oceanics 1 (Shenol Jacinto) bt Egyptian Boys; Indian FC 1 (Prakash Sonawane) drew with New Air-India Colony 1 (Sunder Pujara); Air-India Colony 1 (Vinod Panday) bt Rovers 0; Veterans' league: Andheri West 2 (Villas Dandekar, Tushar Dongrikar) drew with Kalina 2 (Caetano Fernandes, Valley Alvares); Borivali 3 (Narothan Biswas, Adrian Fernandes, Luke Rozario) bt Ambernath 1 (Mahesh Pawar); Vile Parle 1 (Trevor Fernandes) bt Bandra 0.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.