Tight security at Yerwada Jail where Ajmal Kasab was hanged
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Scores of people today started crowding in front of Yerawada central prison here as soon as the news spread about the hanging of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab for the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks even as jail authorities were tight-lipped about the details of the execution.
A heavy security cordon has been put in place around the prison where the hanging was carried out this morning.
A group of Shiv Sena workers raised slogans of 'Vande Mataram' hailing the hanging of Kasab and demanded the same justice to Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru.
Prison authorities remained tight-lipped about the details of hanging.
Inspector General of Prisons, Maharashtra, Meeran Borwankar refused to respond to media queries on the issue.