Tight security at Yerwada Jail where Ajmal Kasab was hanged
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Scores of people today started crowding in front of Yerawada central prison here as soon as the news spread about the hanging of Pakistani terrorist Ajmal Kasab for the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks even as jail authorities were tight-lipped about the details of the execution.
A heavy security cordon has been put in place around the prison where the hanging was carried out this morning.
A group of Shiv Sena workers raised slogans of 'Vande Mataram' hailing the hanging of Kasab and demanded the same justice to Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru.
Prison authorities remained tight-lipped about the details of hanging.
Inspector General of Prisons, Maharashtra, Meeran Borwankar refused to respond to media queries on the issue.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express