Tigress found dead in TATR
- Salman Khan retracts tweets on Yakub Memon after protests; says 'never said he is innocent'
- Muslim League says SC has no right to interfere in matters of faith
- President urged to grant Yakub Memon reprieve from execution
- PM to launch cashless treatment scheme for accident victims
- Anna extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
A young tigress pregnant with four cubs was found dead inside Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve Saturday.
This is the 10th tiger death this year in TATR and surrounding areas and second inside TATR.
"The tigress was found dead around 7 am by a tourist guide in Kolara beat of Tadoba range. He informed the officers. Prima facie, it was found to be a case of snake-bite. There was a lot of internal bleeding and the doctor said it was a case of heamolytic intoxication which prevents blood clotting," TATR Field Director Virendra Tiwari told The Sunday Express.
Sources, however, said that no bite marks could be found on the body.