Tigress found dead in TATR
- Vyapam scam: No injuries on TV journalist Akshay Singh's body, says post-mortem report
- PM Narendra Modi, Nawaz Sharif to meet on sidelines of SCO Summit
- Meghalaya: 5 taken ill after consuming instant noodles in Shillong, FIR lodged
- FTII row: After Pallavi Joshi, Jahnu Barua offers his resignation to I&B Ministry
- Greece looks to reopen bailout talks as euro future in doubt
A young tigress pregnant with four cubs was found dead inside Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve Saturday.
This is the 10th tiger death this year in TATR and surrounding areas and second inside TATR.
"The tigress was found dead around 7 am by a tourist guide in Kolara beat of Tadoba range. He informed the officers. Prima facie, it was found to be a case of snake-bite. There was a lot of internal bleeding and the doctor said it was a case of heamolytic intoxication which prevents blood clotting," TATR Field Director Virendra Tiwari told The Sunday Express.
Sources, however, said that no bite marks could be found on the body.