Tigress found dead in TATR
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Narendra Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath Singh heads to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Congress in Lok Sabha, Assembly polls
- AAP releases sixth list; Tribal activist Soni Sori and Shazia Ilmi get tickets
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
A young tigress pregnant with four cubs was found dead inside Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve Saturday.
This is the 10th tiger death this year in TATR and surrounding areas and second inside TATR.
"The tigress was found dead around 7 am by a tourist guide in Kolara beat of Tadoba range. He informed the officers. Prima facie, it was found to be a case of snake-bite. There was a lot of internal bleeding and the doctor said it was a case of heamolytic intoxication which prevents blood clotting," TATR Field Director Virendra Tiwari told The Sunday Express.
Sources, however, said that no bite marks could be found on the body.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- I skiI skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports