Tigress found dead in TATR
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
A young tigress pregnant with four cubs was found dead inside Tadoba-Andhari Tiger Reserve Saturday.
This is the 10th tiger death this year in TATR and surrounding areas and second inside TATR.
"The tigress was found dead around 7 am by a tourist guide in Kolara beat of Tadoba range. He informed the officers. Prima facie, it was found to be a case of snake-bite. There was a lot of internal bleeding and the doctor said it was a case of heamolytic intoxication which prevents blood clotting," TATR Field Director Virendra Tiwari told The Sunday Express.